Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Boys Are........Alright.

The Best preformance to date:




I did not see the ladies perform (TV malfunction last night, which lead to a 46” flat screen in the living room, so the ladies will look great in HD tonight) yet so this will be half a recap.

Bobby emailed me yesterday and we will have a new drinking game for American Idol.

For every time Randy says “So, check it out” or “check it out” take a sip of your beer. If he does 2 in one review of a performance drink half a beer.

Every time he says Dog poor a little out for the brothers that are not here and then a take a sip.

Time Paula’s rants, if over 1 minute take a sip for every 30 seconds over that 1 minute.

If at any point in the show Paula gets done and you think or say, “you know what she is right” or “you know she really nailed that one”. Immediately call 911 you have alcohol poising and must get your stomach pumped like a baby boy eating birth control pills (LINGERRRR LONGERRRR).

When Simon has a contestant talk back to him, take a drink. If Simon likes a performance take a sip.

Anytime a judge mentions the words pitchy, wrong song choice take a drink.

That should cover it any other additions let me know.

Back to the Show: Well I thought it was a pretty boring show overall. No real male performances jump out except 2. David Hernandez killed it. I did not love his over the top eye brow raising and hand motions little to glamrous for me, but vocally he was on point and really nailed.

David Archelletta continues to amaze. I mean come on possibly one of the most famous John Lennon songs and not an easy song to sing and he blows it out the box dog (pour a little out and take a sip). This kid will be the favorite we are all shocked when he goes home early. I must say in the 4 years I have watched this show this was probably my favorite performance I have seen.

Luke Menard should have had to give in his American Idol card the minute he finished Killer Queen. You sing Freddie Mercury you better practice a lot longer then a week. That is why I liked Michael Johns Bohemian Rhapsody from Hollywood. Freddie is arguable the best Rock voice of all time so the difficulty factor is there.

Thought Simon was a little harsh on Jason Yeager. The entire time I watched it I thought you know what this is not good, but if I was at a wedding and this guy was singing and getting into the song like this, I would do him a solid and get up and do the cabbage patch for him. He is a perfect wedding singer and is not made for American Idol, but there was no need to rip him like that. Thought he was a little over the top, and it looked like he was trying to get him to cry or just lose it.

Going home- Luke Menard and Jason Yeager

Possible vote for worst save: Jason Yeager if that occurs Robbie Carrico is out in first surprise of the year.

No comments: